Did you know that Almonds in general are a great source of Vitamins, Proteins, and Minerals and are filled with fiber. Plus, it tastes great and adds richness to a lot of dishes.
We at Plantaway have created a bunch of recipes using almond milk—some sweet and some savory. Though the replacement may not be universal, they are pretty wide and varied. On the sweet side, almond milk was a great alternative in place of regular milk in our Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding, & our Immunity Boosting Vegan Banana Smoothie. Since no one really thought of almonds and savory much, we experimented with our own favorite Rich and Creamy Vegan Mushroom Risotto. Trust us..Divine!
With all the talks, Lettuce take you to the mouthwatering easy recipes:
Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding:
Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding:
- 3 cups of Plantaway Almond Drink
- 1 tsp Plantaway Spread
- 1 cup white sugar (can use low calorie sweeteners)
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Castor Sugar
- Grated Chocolate
- In a saucepan mix sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt together whisk in 1/4 cup Almond mylk/drink until foamy and smooth. Continue adding Almond mylk/drink, 1/4 cup at a time, to the cocoa mixture until the mixture is smooth and foamy each time.
- Place saucepan over medium-high heat and stir constantly, until mixture comes to a simmer and starts to thicken (Stir continuously to avoid lumps).
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in Plantaway Spread until melted and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour pudding into a serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Garnish with nuts, sprinkle castor sugar or grated Chocolate.
Immunity Boosting Vegan Banana Smoothie:
- 200ml of Plantaway Almond Drink
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 Seedless Date (Optional- if you like things sweeter)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder.
- Slice banana into 1-inch slices
- Add all ingredients with 3/4 cubes of ice into a blender jar
- Blend at high speed for about 2 mins
- Optional: Garnish with some cinnamon powder.
Rich and Creamy Vegan Mushroom Risotto:
- 2 ½ cups warm Vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups sliced Button mushrooms
- 150gm short grain Arborio rice
- 1 cup Plantaway Almond mylk/Drink
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Plantaway Mozzarella cheese/Plant-based cheese
- 2 tbsp Plantaway Spread
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Optional: 1/4 cup parsley, chopped.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the Olive oil along with the Onions and Garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring constantly, until some grains begin to look translucent.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the warmed broth along with the Italian seasoning. Continue stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed. Add the remaining broth, 1 cup at a time, and continue to stir constantly until absorbed.
- Lastly, add the Plantaway Almond mylk/Drink and continue to stir.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from heat and add in the Plantaway Mozzarella cheese (Plant based cheese), Plantaway Spread, and Parsley. Stir until uniform and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve Hot, garnish with Parsley and crushed Black pepper.
We at Plantaway like every one of our recipes. Try them, we are confident you will like them too :)